Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Welcome!

Greetings and welcome to this new blog.

For those that don't know me, I've been in the Business Intelligence (BI) industry since 1989, when I coined the term "Business Intelligence" - defining it as "end user access to and analysis of data". I spent 13 years at Gartner, an industry advisory firm, where I was a Research Fellow and the lead analyst for BI. Then in 2005, I left and joined Hyperion as its Chief Strategy Officer. When Oracle acquired in May of 2007, I turned down their offer and became an independent industry resource, forming my own company, Dresner Advisory Services, LLC.

This forum is not intended to be limited to BI, but all related areas, including performance management. It is also not intended to be limited to vendors, products and software - but all issues which assist or hinder organizations in getting value from BI and performance management.

So once again, welcome. I look forward to hearing from you!

Howard Dresner

No comments:

Post a Comment